A roadmap AMLogic anticipates technical details on 3 new processors planned for 2016. Are the models: S905X, S905D and AMLogic AMLogic AMLogic S912, all based on design 4-core or 8-core ARM Cortex-A53 and all ready for firmware 6.0 Android based.
AMLogic S905D and S905X are similar. The former is more evolved. Native RGB interface support Gigabit Ethernet, and has the ability to accept incoming video streams (TS input) to integrate a TV Tuner. Interesting compatibility with 4 PCB layer (layers) to produce low-cost Mini PC.
- CPU – Quad core 2.0 GHz Cortex A53 at up to
- GPU – Penta-core ARM Mali-450MP at up to 750 MHz
- Memory I/F-16/32-bit DDR3/4, DDR2400/3 up to 2 GB, LPDDR2
- Storage I/F – NAND flash at BCH60, eMMC 5310, SD, NOR flash
- 4Kp60 10-bit video Decoder – h. 265, 4Kp60 2, 4Kp30 h. 264 VP9 Profile
- Video Encoder – 1080 p 60 H. 264
- Ethernet 10/100/1000 RGMII, 10/100 m PHY
- Audio-Stereo DACs, I2S, S/PDIF, DMIC
- 2 x USB 2.0-USB
- Video Output-CVBS, RGB HDMI 2.0 a, 4Kp60
- Video Input – TS, DVP
- HDR – royalty-free HDR10, Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG)
- Package – 15 x 15 mm BGA (S905 is 13 x 13 mm)
- PCB – 4-layer
AMLogic S912 is Octa Core with maximum frequency of 2 GHz and has a better GPU in 3D functions. Native USB 3.0 support table, and is to be seen whether by mistake.
Things to take this information with a bit of lightness: details like the operating frequency of the core, forms integration and compatibility with certain components may change. The same goes for the release of Android SDK 6.0 , and then of the first ROM based on Marshmallow: looks can arrive by the end of March, but we have to wait to know for sure.