Want to make a king cake escangalhado, but there is no way? In this article is a recipe for king cake escangalhado in the Thermomix.
Prefer the king cake escangalhado to the traditional?
Don’t have the time or patience to do it? We are here to help.
We bring you a recipe for king cake escangalhado in the Thermomix.
What more can you ask for? Practical, simple and delicious!
KING CAKE ESCANGALHADO IN THE THERMOMIX
– Ingredients for the dough –
- 1 Cup of rum
- 80 grams of raisins
- 25 grams of baker’s yeast fresh
- 625 grams of wheat flour without yeast that should weigh in advance
- 180 grams of sugar
- 100 grams of butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 350 grams of dried fruit several
- 1 egg for brushing
- 100 grams of sweet pumpkin to decorate
- Butter q. b. for greasing the tray
- Dried fruit q. b. to decorate at the end
- Gel-gloss that is on sale in shops of specialty
– Ingredients for cream pastry –
- 250 ml of water
- 250 ml of milk
- 150 grams of sugar
- 75 grams of flour without yeast
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
– Mode of preparation of custard –
- Place all ingredients in the glass of the Thermomix.
- Beat everything for 10 seconds on speed 5-7-9.
- Then, schedule 8 minutes, at a temperature of 90ºC on speed 3.
- As soon as it is ready, remove immediately to a bowl and reserve
– Mode of preparation of the dough –
It is time to prepare the dough for the king cake escangalhado in the Thermomix.
- Place the rum along with the raisins in a container to let macerate.
- Place the milk and the butter in the glass of the Thermomix 5 minutes at a temperature of 37 ° C.
- Join the baker’s yeast cool and mix at speed 3 for 10 seconds.
- Add the sugar and the 4 eggs and mix very well for 10 seconds between the speeds of 3 and 5.
- Add the pinch of salt and, with the Thermomix on speed 5, pour in the flour previously heavy by the mouth of the cover. You should be aware that the dough has to be firm and almost despegada of the blade and the sides of the glass, as if to form a ball. If this is not check, you should then add more flour. In the opposite case, if you find that the dough is very stiff, you should add milk, but little by little until you get the desired consistency.
- Knead on speed corn on the cob for 3 minutes.
- Let it leaven in the cup until the dough double the volume.
- When the dough is leavened, you should then knead again for a further 3 minutes on speed spike.
- Remove the dough from the cup and place on a surface previously sprinkled with flour. Then must open the dough and mix very well in the dried fruit..
- With the help of the dough roller, mould a rectangle.
- Barre the rectangle with custard
- Roll up like a pie.
- Make cuts on the 2 sides of the pie, with some space between each of them. Make cuts desencontrados on one side and the other to allow the cake to bake better on the inside.
- Place on a baking tray previously greased with butter and brush with the beaten egg.
- Garnish with the sweet pumpkin and dried fruit.
- Heat the oven to 50 ° c in order to put the dough to leaven. After being at the desired temperature, turn off the oven and put the tray with the cake king escangalhado covered with a cloth and let it leaven again for near 10 minutes.
- After proofing, remove from the oven.
- Then, heat the oven to 180 ° C. After reaching the desired temperature, place the king cake escangalhado and leave it to bake for 40m. Must go by controlling the baking and use a toothpick to check if the cake is already really baked.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- When it is cold, brush with the gel gloss.
Your king cake escangalhado in the Thermomix is ready to eat!