The Carnaval de Ovar attracts every year hundreds of thousands of visitors to the region and is an event that promises to always a lot of fun.
Organized formally since 1952, the Carnival of Ovar is the largest event tour of the region and their preparation involves, throughout the year, large capacity for unity and organization.
The extras and perform their own masks, costumes, props and floats, always with a lot of exoticism, creativity and humor, preferably with references to events in the Portuguese society. And given all this preparation time, the party can not summarize a single day, that will be, this year, celebrated on 13 February.
PROGRAM OF THE CARNIVAL OF OVAR 2018
The color, the fantasy, the rhythm, the humor, and the joy of the Carnival invade the streets of the city and invite all to be present.
Check out the full program:
- 20 jan – 22: 00: Opening – Parade Carnivals of Portugal
- 26 jan – 21: 30: Night Walk | the beginning of the Republic Square
- 27 jan – 22: 00: Party in the Village
- 28 jan – 15: 00: Arrival of the King
- 01 feb – 14h30: Carnival Senior
- 03 feb – 23: 00: masquerade Balls
- 04 feb – 14h30: Carnival of Children
- 09 feb – 20h00: Big Night for Kings Axu Evil
- 09 feb – 22: 00: Night of the Farrapada
- 10 feb – 22: 00 h.: Parade of the Samba Schools
- 11 feb – 14h30: Grande Corso Carnavalesco
- 12 feb – 22: 00: Large Magical Night
- 13 feb – 14h30: Grande Corso Carnavalesco
- 13 feb – 22: 00: Closing
- 02 feb: Sambas Enredo + Forrobodó
- 03 feb: Arlindinho + DJ Katy Cardozo
- 08 feb: Night-Domino – Quim Barreiros + DJ CruzBack
- 09 feb: Out by Pevides de cabaça & Brass Band kings lynn
- 10 feb: Matias Damásio + Mc Taty Lauren
- 11 feb: Piruka + Phoenix RDC
- 12 feb – 15: 00: Matiné for Children with Crassh
- 12 feb: International DJ, Third Party + Dirty Sound Boys + Los Bravos
- 08 feb: DJ RR Project
- 09 feb: Nêga Black
- 10 feb: Insert Coin
- 11 feb: Ena Pá 2000 + Bailarico Sound System
- 12 feb: P* Crazy
PARK JÚLIO DINIS
- 10 feb: Forrobodó + Several DJS
- 12 feb: Several Djs
- 10 feb: The Fucking Bastards
- 12 feb: DJ Johnny Light
- 12 feb: Band Inversion + André Guimarães
- 12 feb: the Band Sounds of Brazil + Dj Mark Villard
- 12 feb: the Band Dancing + DJ Sardinha
LARGO BOMBEIROS VOLUNTÁRIOS DE OVAR
- 10 feb: Band Inversion + Sambamizade + Band Bigborga + DJ Paulo Figueiredo
- 12 feb: HotBeat DJS + DJ Paulo Figueiredo + Guest DJ’s
THE VILLAGE OF THE CARNIVAL OF OVAR
With so much that has grown in the last decades, it has become necessary to gather in a single space the best of the Carnival of Ovar, for this, since 2014, the most carnival-goers can visit the Village of the Carnival of Ovar and discover the work of 20 Carnival Groups and 4 of the Samba Schools.
Thus, concentrated in a single space all of the activities related to the preparation of the Carnival, which involve design, dress, elements, floats, the development of mechanical structures of support to the parade, the experimentation of new technologies, the music, the dance, the theater of the street.
A lot to discover, and whose entrance is free of charge, but requires prior registration.